Regional Development Australia (RDA) Central West is calling for applications for the 2021 TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue.
The program, open to year 11 students from the Orange, Blayney and Cabonne Local Government Areas; partners ten students with ten local leaders from various sectors of the community for a unique mentoring experience.
RDA Central West CEO, Sam Harma said he was pleased to be rolling out the program for a second year following its success in 2020.
“Despite the challenges we faced last year due to COVID-19, the enthusiasm and engagement from the participating students and mentors was top shelf,” said Mr Harma.
“The TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue forged new partnerships, opened doors and provided an insight into the countless opportunities that are available in regional New South Wales and more specifically – right here in the Central West.
“This year we have another fantastic group of mentors who have signed up to the program, including some familiar faces, and I’m excited to welcome a new cohort of students.”
The mentors involved in the TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue in 2021 are:
- Reg Kidd, Mayor of Orange City Council and Deputy Chair of RDA Central West
- Julia Andrews, Director of External Engagement Bathurst & Orange at Charles Sturt University
- Andrew Gee MP, Federal Member for Calare
- Melissa O’Brien, Senior Community Relations Specialist at Newcrest Mining Cadia Valley Operations
- Phil Donato MP, Member for Orange
- Dannielle Ford, Director Solicitor at Cheney Suthers Lawyers
- Bruce King, CEO of the Regional Investment Corporation
- Caddie Marshall, General Manager of Orange360
- Hamish Munro, Founder and Director of Pairtree
- Megan Rodd, Manager of Tourism and Communications at Blayney Shire Council
Successful students will have the opportunity to attend the program launch in April which features a speed networking activity with all of the mentors, enjoy afternoon tea at Orange City Council, visit Parliament of NSW in Sydney and Australian Parliament House in Canberra and attend the end of program breakfast and presentation.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 17 March 2021 and students will be notified on the outcome of their application in Week 10 of Term 1.
To apply, students are asked to outline in 200 words or less the importance of leadership in regional communities and what leadership means to them.
Applications can be submitted via the RDA Central West website at RDA Central West website at rdacentralwest.org.au/projects/ten4ten/. For more information email email@example.com or call (02) 6369 1600