A LEADERSHIP DIALOGUE
Regional Development Australia (RDA) Central West is excited to continue the TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue in 2021 and connect ten selected Year 11 students with ten local community leaders for a unique mentoring experience.
The Central West is home to a high calibre of leaders and mentoring plays a major role in fostering the next generation of young leaders in our community.
The TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue was a great success in 2020 and forged new partnerships, opened doors and provided an insight into the countless opportunities that are available in regional New South Wales and more specifically – right here in the Central West.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to take part in the following:
- Attend the program launch and dinner in mid-April and participate in the speed networking activity with all mentors;
- Afternoon tea at Orange City Council Chambers with Mentor and Mayor, Reg Kidd;
- Visit Parliament of NSW in Sydney, hosted by Mentor and Member for Orange, Phil Donato;
- Visit Parliament of Australia in Canberra, hosted by Mentor and Federal Member for Calare, Andrew Gee;
- Attend the end of program breakfast and presentation in November; and
- Take part in additional events that will be organised throughout the duration of the program.
The program is open to Year 11 students from high schools in the Orange, Blayney and Cabonne Local Government Areas and applications open on Wednesday, 17 February and close 5pm, Wednesday, 17 March 2021. Students will be notified of the outcome of their application in Week 10 of Term One.
Students are invited to submit a written application outlining in 200 words or less the importance of leadership in regional communities and what leadership means to them.