Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 494)
The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (SESR) visa is a program that allows employers in regional, remote or low population areas to sponsor skilled overseas workers for employment.
For information on this visa go to the Department of Home Affairs website.
Regional Development Australia Central West (RDACW) is the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the Central West region of NSW for SESR (494) applications under the Employer Sponsored stream. We are also currently undertaking RCB requests for the Blue Mountains LGA.
Before you apply
- Check that the nominating business and/or workplace of the nominee is located in the Central West region or Blue Mountains LGA.
- The nominated occupation is specified in a relevant occupation list.
- Labour market testing has been undertaken.
- Ensure you check the Department of Home Affairs website for all relevant visa information.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the SESR applications are submitted under the correct stream and ANZCO code, and supporting documentation is correct and complete.
- Completed Form 1404
- Completed Form 956 submitted by Migration Agent (if applicable)
Requests for RCB assessment must be accompanied by supporting information that allows informed assessment. The assessment will be conducted based only on the documentation provided. In addition to the documents outlined below, consideration will be given to any other relevant material submitted with the application. The onus is on the nominator to provide enough information to enable a full and informed assessment.
The RCB assessment is required to confirm that the pay and conditions that a skilled migrant is to receive are no less than an Australian citizen would receive in the same position in the region. RDA Central West aims to be diligent and requests broader documentation in order to undertake an informed assessment.
1. The nominating business or organisation: Must be submitted
- Registered name of the nominating business/organisation
- ABN and/or ACN of the nominator
- Contact address of nominating business/organisation
- Full name and contact details of the representative of the nominating business/organisation
- ANZCO code relating to the occupation of the nominated position
- Position title for proposed nominee
- Nominated salary
- Full name of nominee (if known)
- Organisational chart
If the nomination application has been lodged or a draft application is available, nominating employers are requested to provide a copy of the application.
In addition, and if available, a copy of the employment contract or letter of offer between the employer and nominee should also be provided.
2. To assess whether the identified person would be paid at least the annual market salary rate for the occupation: As applicable.
Please note: the onus is on the nominator to provide sufficient information to facilitate assessment. The assessment will be conducted based only on the documentation provided.
- Employment Contract or Letter of Offer (inclusive of the Award/Agreement, base salary & entitlements).
- A copy of the Australian Industry Award as per the Australian Government Fairwork Ombudsman website.
- Employment payslips for Australian employees in equivalent positions (if applicable).
- Evidence of annual market salary rate. The Annual market salary rate (AMSR) is determined by looking at what you would pay equivalent Australian workers, enterprise agreements or industrial awards, job outlook information, advertisements for the last 6 months in the same location, remuneration survey or advice from unions or employer associations. (Referenced from the Department of Home Affairs website).
A letter explaining the genuine need for the position and recruitment efforts may add value to the RCB assessment and advice. This can include information such as:
- if the position is a new or existing position in the business
- information about the skills required for the position and how this will assist the business e.g. market development, customer service, new products or business growth
- supporting document(s) outlining the recruitment effort for the nominated position and the outcome of that effort
EMAIL the application and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements for Emailing:
- Email size – maximum of 10Mbs per email. Do not exceed this limit
- Email ‘Subject’ text – Type the following information into the ‘Subject’ space for each email SESR, nominating business name, nominee name, the number of each email if multiple emails are required; for example 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3.
- Attachment of documents – PDF files preferred or word documents
RDACW will aim to provide assessment within 28 working days of receipt of the SESR application. Please ensure applications are received with sufficient time for assessment.
An invoice will be sent following receipt of the application and prior to certification.
Important information for applicants
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the SESR application and supporting documents are correct and complete.
Like to make an enquiry? We’re here to help.