Regional Development Australia Central West (RDA) is excited to be hosting the inaugural TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue – a unique opportunity for ten specially chosen year 11 students to come together with ten community leaders for a fantastic two-way conversation and mentorship opportunity.
The students from across Orange, Blayney and Cabonne are invited to submit a written application of up to 100 words outlining why they believe they should be selected to participate in this program.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to:
- Attend a meet & greet event, followed by dinner, with ten local community leaders and innovators
- Visit NSW Parliament House in Sydney, where they will be hosted by the State Member for Orange, Phil Donato MP
- Visit Parliament House in Canberra, where they will be hosted by the Federal Member for Calare, Andrew Gee, MP
- Attend a Business Leaders Breakfast hosted by RDA Central West
- Connect with and be mentored by our inspiring community leaders and innovators
The ten inspiring mentors have now been announced, who are from a range of backgrounds, industries, and sectors.
RDA Central West director, Wayne Sunderland said the mentors will offer participating students an opportunity to be part of a unique and inspiring experience with these recognisable local leaders.
“We are excited to announce the wonderful local mentors for our TEN4TEN 2022 program,” said Mr. Sunderland.
“This is the third time the program has run, following two successful years of the mentorship program, from which we have received so much positive feedback from both students and mentors, as well as the schools and wider community.”
“Students have the opportunity to learn from and connect with our community leaders through this experience, while also getting a direct insight into what career opportunities are available right here in the Central West.”
The mentors for the 2022 TEN4TEN program are:
- Amy van de Ven, Franchisee of Quest Orange
- Reg Kidd, Former Mayor of Orange and Deputy Chair of RDA Central West
- Phil Donato MP, State Member for Orange
- Andrew Gee MP, Federal Member for Calare, Minister for Defense Personnel and Minister for Veterans Affairs
- Jack Evans, Retailer, Councilor at Orange City Council and President of Business Orange
- Hamish Munro, CEO of Pairtree Intelligence Pty Ltd
- David Waddell, CEO of Orange City Council
- Julia Andrews, Director of External Engagement, Charles Sturt University, Bathurst & Orange Campuses
- Michelle Pryse Jones, Business Owner, Councilor at Blayney Shire Council and Board Member for Orange 360
- Jessica Hickman, Founder of Bullyology
Mr. Sunderland also explained that there is great value in the program for senior students as they navigate their final two years at high school and consider what opportunities lie ahead after graduation.
“This is an important chapter for Year 11 students and TEN4TEN offers another source of guidance and a new perspective on what careers they could pursue here in the region,” added Mr. Sunderland.
Students are reminded that applications close Wednesday, 9 March 2022 and can be submitted online via the RDA Central West website at https://rdacentralwest.org.au/projects/ten4ten/
To apply, students are asked to outline why they believe they should be selected to take part in the program in 100 words or less. For more information email RDA Central West at email@example.com.