The Federal Government has invested $5 million into the Solar Communities Program which will provide four grants of up to $12,500 for eligible community organisations for small-scale solar and battery projects. This is part of the Federal Governments $50 million investment in the Energy Efficient Communities Program.
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now open and should be returned to the Orange electorate office by Thursday, 28 March 2019.
How Do I apply?
- You may complete the EOI EECP_Solar Communities Grants_Form_NSW_GeeA and return via mail to PO Box 673, ORANGE NSW 2800 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible?
- You must be a community organisation that is a legal entity, able to enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth
- Your organisation pays the power bills
- If you do not own the building in which you operate for you must be able to gain consent from the owner to make modifications/installations to the building
- If the building is under lease the lease agreement must be a minimum of 10 years or information provided as to how long you have occupied premises and who from
Grants could be used to fund:
- New solar PV
- Solar hot water and battery systems (solar systems can generate electricity during the day and the battery systems can store electricity to run lights, refrigeration and air conditioning systems into the evening)
When will I know if my EOI is accepted?
- Organisations will be notified of their successful or unsuccessful application by early May 2019.
- After this time a more formal grant process will be administered by the Department of Environment.
- Details of this process and roll out dates will be provided after successful EOI’s have been notified.
How many grants will be issued?
- A total of $5 million has been allocated nationally
- Up to four grants will be available per electorate
- All EOIs will be assessed on their individual merits including size of systems, estimated cost, electricity saved and the number of community members that may benefit.
For more information:
- Visit the website – https://www.energy.gov.au/government-priorities/energy-programs/energy-efficient-communities-program
- Contact the Orange electorate office on (02) 6361 7138 or email email@example.com