SISP Project Makey Makey PD Session
The idea behind this NESA Registered professional workshop was to introduce teachers to Makey Makey and how they could start to use this tool in the classroom.
Under the guidance of Matt Scott, NSW DoE STEM Officer, teachers in attendance were taught the following;
- Connect the Makey Makey to a computer
- Create interactive circuits
- Write simple code using Scratch
- Control events in Scratch using Makey Makey
- Explore the range of online Makey Makey educational resources to support the new digital
As a result of the workshop teachers will be able to request a loan of the 12 Makey Makey to enable them to take their learnings back to their students.
Carolynne James, GATE Project Leader & Manager also provided an overview of the GATE and its purpose and she included a YouTube clip of the STEM day held at the GATE earlier this year.