Rural and regional non-for-profit community-based organisations with ideas and activities to support and encourage good mental health and the reduction of social isolation are invited to apply for grants of up to $20,000 from the In A Good Place program.
In a Good Place is a national grants program that provides support for community-driven initiatives that reduce social isolation, increase social participation and connectedness, and encourage people in rural, regional and remote communities who are at risk of, or are experiencing, mental health issues to seek help.
Applications close COB on Friday 20th August 2018
In a Good Place supports rural, regional and remote communities in their efforts to strengthen the mental health of at-risk and vulnerable members of their communities via projects, services or activities that are preventative or responsive in nature and which are designed to engage those less likely, unable due to distance and isolation, or ineligible to participate in mainstream mental health services.
The program will comprise of two open call grant rounds per annum, offering grants of up to $20,000 from an annual funding pool of $200,000.
Priority will be given to initiatives that:
- Are delivered via non-clinical first providers of mental health care, such as school counsellors and teachers, members of the clergy or pastoral care teams, neighbourhood or community groups, or via technological or other innovative methods;
- Improve accessibility and availability of mental health services, tools or support to areas with limited or no access to the same;
- Provide innovative responses that are inclusive, building social connections that lead to better mental health;
- Confront stigma surrounding help-seeking behaviour
Preference will be given to projects that:
- Serve communities with populations under 10,000;
- Are run by and based in the beneficiary community/ies;
- Respond to specific population mental health and wellbeing issues within a local community;
- Are sustainable beyond the period of the grant;
- Can clearly measure and report on project outcomes.
The In a Good Place program is now open and closes 20 August, 2018.
Applications are invited from not-for-profit community-based organisations with an ABN or Incorporation Certificate.
Successful projects will receive the funds in October 2018.
For more information you are encouraged to contact the FRRR (Foundation for Rural And Regional Renewal) by clicking this link or by calling 1800 170 020 or by emailing email@example.com.