Regional Development Australia (RDA) Central West is excited to continue the TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue in 2023 and connect ten selected Year 11 students with ten local community leaders for a unique mentoring experience.
The Central West is home to a high calibre of leaders and mentoring plays a major role in fostering the next generation of young leaders in our community.
Since its inception in 2020, the TEN4TEN Leadership Dialogue has forged new partnerships, opened doors and provided an insight into the countless opportunities that are available in regional New South Wales and more specifically – right here in the Central West.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to take part in the following:
- Attend the program launch and dinner in early April and participate in the speed networking activity with all mentors;
- Afternoon tea at Orange City Council Chambers with Mentor and Deputy Mayor Gerald Power;
- Visit Parliament of NSW in Sydney, hosted by Mentor and Member for Orange, Phil Donato;
- Visit Parliament of Australia in Canberra, hosted by Mentor and Federal Member for Calare, Andrew Gee;
- Attend the end of program breakfast and presentation in November; and
- Take part in additional events that will be organised throughout the duration of the program.
Andrew Gee MP
Phil Donato MP
Amy van de Ven
Angel Tresa Tom
TEN4TEN STUDENTS AT THE HUDDLE
We were once again given the opportunity to volunteer at The Huddle, an event created by 2020 Mentor Pip Brett of Jumbled. The Huddle brings together inspiring female business owners and change-makers in one room.
The girls were tasked with helping to prepare morning tea and lunch, listening to the Huddle mentors and speakers, and enjoying the day.
TEN4TEN 2023 LAUNCH AND DINNER
TEN4TEN STUDENTS MEET NEDD BROCKMANN
We kicked off the year with a ‘meet and greet’ with Nedd Brockmann, a Central West local who ran from Perth to Sydney raising $2.5 million for homeless charity Mobilise along the way.
The students then attended the ‘Lunch and Learn’ event with 350 others to hear Nedd talk about his epic journey across Australia, from the amazing support he received to all the trials and tribulations that featured in his 46.5 day run. He also shared his unique toolkit of tips, tricks and strategies to inspire the audience to harness their own potential and tackle their own personal challenges, no matter how big or small.
It was great to see a number of previous TEN4TEN students in the audience.
Meet the Mentors
Medical Doctor and Lecturer in Medicine, Charles Sturt University
Federal Member for Calare
Owner, Clever Cookie Academy
State Member for Orange
Solicitor, Blackwell Short Lawyers
Deputy Mayor, Orange City Council and Owner, Indigenous Cultural Adventures
Amy van de Ven
Franchisee, Quest Orange
Senior Project Manager, Charles Sturt University and previous business owner and technology consultant
This year the TEN4TEN program will also welcome four TEN4TEN ambassadors in addition to the ten mentors, who will be championing the TEN4TEN program within the community and available for an individual mentoring session with any student that expresses interest in connecting with them.
The four specially selected TEN4TEN Ambassadors are:
- Reg Kidd – twice elected former Mayor of Orange and Agricultural Consultant
- Sophie Durham – Founder and Director of Digital Wonder, Business and Life Coach, and Orange Supper Club Founder
- Ben Chiarella – Director of Clinical Innovation, Ramsay Connect
- Clint Giddings – VET Curriculum Project Officer Skills and Pathways at NSW Education and NSW VET Teacher/Trainer of the year 2022
proudly supported by: