'Central West Is Best' Photo Competition 2023
'This is Central West'
The Regional Development Australia ‘Central West is Best’ Photo Competition is back for 2023!
‘This is Central West’ is the theme and we would love to see your photos that showcase the magic of our region as a destination to live, work and visit – whether that is a place, scene, person or event.
Entrants may submit up to four photos and they can be new or taken in the past.
To enter, you simply have to:
- Submit a photo that you think showcases the Central West region; and
- Tell us in a few sentences why you think ‘This is Central West’.
We challenge you to showcase our region, capturing snippets for locals and out of towners, who may not know just how much we have to offer in the Central West region.
Entry is free and open to all ages and photographic abilities, as long as you live in the Central West.
Entries CLOSE Friday 27 October, 5pm (AEST) so get snapping now!
Categories & Prizes
- There are two categories: Junior (under 18yo) and Open (18yo and over)
- First place Open Category: $700 + $500 Camera House Voucher. Second Place $250 + Fujifilm Instax 11 camera
- First place Junior Category: $300 + Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 camera. Second place: $150
- Two ‘special mention’ entries will receive a FujiFilm Instax Mini 11 Photo Kit. These will be drawn across all entries, Junior and Open.
- One lucky draw prize of a FujiFilm Instax Mini 11 camera.
- Entries are to be submitted using the entry form below. Emailed entries will not be accepted.
- Images need to be 300 dpi or high resolution in JPEG format.
- Entries need to be received by RDA Central West by 5pm on Friday 27 October 2023.
- Maximum of four entries per person.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Regional Development Australia Central West (ABN 55 418 618 640).
- Entry is open to all residents of Regional Development Australia Central West NSW. (Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin LGAs)
- Images that are not from the Central West region will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- The competition opens at 9 am on Tuesday 12 September and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Friday 27 October 2023. Any entry received after that period will be deemed invalid.
- All copyright remains with the photographer/entrant.
- All entries may be used to promote RDA Central West.
- Where the image features an identifiable person, entrants are responsible for gaining appropriate permission to use his/her image. RDA Central West does not request model release forms with entries.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant RDA Central West permission to use images for not-for-profit purposes through their website, social media channels, and marketing material and for media publication where applicable. Image credits will be used where possible.
- The entrants whose images are judged by the RDA Central West judges (consisting of two RDA Central West board members and one other person) to be those that best encapsulate the theme will receive the respective prizes in each category. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The division of these prizes is at the discretion of RDA Central West. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Winners will be notified in November 2023 via email and announced via the RDA Central West social media channels.
- If images are used for general RDA Central West media purposes, accompanying a media story, credit for the image will be supplied but RDA Central West cannot guarantee the image credit will be published.
- Entrants are entitled to no compensation.
Follow us to see if your ‘Central West Is Best’ Photo Comp image entry is featured!
Facebook: @Regional Development Australia Central West
LinkedIn: Regional Development Australia Central West
Hashtags: #centralwestisbestphotocomp #rdacentralwest #buildingastrongerregion
Contact the RDA Central West office with any queries: e. firstname.lastname@example.org or t. (02) 6369 1600