'Central West Is Best' Photo Competition 2020
'Hometown Pride - Icons of the Central West'
Competition opens Monday 6 April. Don't submit your entries yet!
The Regional Development Australia ‘Central West Is Best’ Photo Competition is back in 2020! This year we are celebrating the people, places and events that make our region unique.
The theme ‘Hometown Pride – Icons of the Central West’ gives you the opportunity to showcase the faces, places, culture or nature that you think are icons of the Central West in images and words.
To enter, you simply have to:
- Submit a photo that you think is an iconic image of the Central West region
- Tell us why you think this is an icon of the Central West
Entry is free and open to all ages and photographic abilities, as long as you live in the Central West.
Entries CLOSE Friday 8 May, 5pm so capture those iconic images now!
Categories & Prizes
- There are two categories: Junior (under 18yo) and Open (18yo and over)
- There will be a First Prize (to the value of $300) and Runner-Up (to the value of $200) in each category
- Finalists and selected entries will become part of the RDA Central West travelling photo display.
- Entries are to be submitted using the entry form below.
- Images need to be high resolution in JPEG or PNG format.
- Entries need to be received by RDA Central West by 5pm on Friday 8 May 2020.
- Maximum of four entries per person.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Regional Development Australia Central West (ABN 55 418 618 640).
- Entry is open to all residents of Central West NSW. (Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin LGAs)
- Images that are not from the Central West region will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- The competition opens at 9am on Monday 6 April and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Friday 8 May 2020. Any entry received after that period will be deemed invalid.
- All copyright remains with the photographer/entrant.
- All entries may be used to promote RDA Central West.
- Where the image features an identifiable person, entrants are responsible for gaining appropriate permission to use his/her image. RDA Central West does not request model release forms with entries.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant RDA Central West permission to use images for not-for-profit purposes through their website, social media channels, and marketing material and for media publication where applicable. Image credits will be used where possible.
- The entrants whose images are judged by the RDA Central West judges (consisting of two RDA CW board members and one staff member) to be those that best encapsulate the theme will receive the respective prizes in each category. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The division of these prizes is at the discretion of RDA Central West. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Winners will be notified in June 2020 via email and announced via the RDA Central West social media channels.
- If images are used for general RDA Central West media purposes, accompanying a media story, credit for the image will be supplied but RDA Central West cannot guarantee the image credit will be published.
- Entrants are entitled to no compensation.
Follow us to see if your ‘Central West Is Best’ Photo Comp image entry is featured!
Facebook: @Regional Development Australia Central West
Hashtags: #centralwestisbestphotocomp #rdacentralwest
Contact the RDA Central West office with any queries: e. firstname.lastname@example.org or t. (02) 6369 1600