'Central West Is Best' Photo Competition 2021
'There's no place like home'
The Regional Development Australia ‘Central West is Best’ Photo Competition is back for 2021!
The theme is ‘There’s no place like home’ and we would love to see your photos that highlight why our region is a great place to live – whether that is a place, person or event.
Photos don’t have to be current so you can enter your favourite photos from pre COVID-19 days.
To enter, you simply have to:
- Submit a photo that you think shows the best parts of the Central West region; and
- Tell us in a few sentences why you think it captures ‘there is no place like home’ than in the Central West.
Entry is free and open to all ages and photographic abilities, as long as you live in the Central West.
Entries CLOSE Friday 24 September, 5pm so get snapping now!
Categories & Prizes
- There are two categories: Junior (under 18yo) and Open (18yo and over)
- There will be a First Prize (up to the value of $300 + Fujifilm Instax Mini 11 camera) and Runner-Up (up to the value of $200) in each category.
- Two ‘special mention’ entries will receive a FujiFilm Instax Mini 11 Photo Kit. These will be drawn across all entries, Junior and Open.
- Entries are to be submitted using the entry form below. Emailed entries will not be accepted.
- Images need to be 300 dpi or high resolution in JPEG format.
- Entries need to be received by RDA Central West by 5pm on Friday 24 September 2021.
- Maximum of four entries per person.
Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Regional Development Australia Central West (ABN 55 418 618 640).
- Entry is open to all residents of Central West NSW. (Bathurst, Blayney, Cabonne, Cowra, Forbes, Lachlan, Lithgow, Oberon, Orange, Parkes and Weddin LGAs)
- Images that are not from the Central West region will not be accepted.
- Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. By entering the competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
- The competition opens at 9am on Monday 30 August and closes at 5pm (AEST) on Friday 24 September 2021. Any entry received after that period will be deemed invalid.
- All copyright remains with the photographer/entrant.
- All entries may be used to promote RDA Central West.
- Where the image features an identifiable person, entrants are responsible for gaining appropriate permission to use his/her image. RDA Central West does not request model release forms with entries.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant RDA Central West permission to use images for not-for-profit purposes through their website, social media channels, and marketing material and for media publication where applicable. Image credits will be used where possible.
- The entrants whose images are judged by the RDA Central West judges (consisting of two RDA CW board members and one other person) to be those that best encapsulate the theme will receive the respective prizes in each category. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The division of these prizes is at the discretion of RDA Central West. Prizes cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Winners will be notified in October 2021 via email and announced via the RDA Central West social media channels.
- If images are used for general RDA Central West media purposes, accompanying a media story, credit for the image will be supplied but RDA Central West cannot guarantee the image credit will be published.
- Entrants are entitled to no compensation.
Follow us to see if your ‘Central West Is Best’ Photo Comp image entry is featured!
Facebook: @Regional Development Australia Central West
LinkedIn: Regional Development Australia Central West
Hashtags: #centralwestisbestphotocomp #rdacentralwest #buildingastrongerregion
Contact the RDA Central West office with any queries: e. email@example.com or t. (02) 6369 1600