The Australian Government is offering individuals and organisations grants between $2,000 and $20,000 to support the delivery of science engagement activities during National Science Week in August 2019.
National Science Week provides high profile science engagement activities across the nation. It is also an important opportunity for the science community to celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
Eligible projects should be directed towards a science-related activity that will be conducted in Australia during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week and address one or more of the following purposes:
- draw the nation’s attention towards the sciences
- spark broad interest and engagement in the sciences
- provide an opportunity for all Australians to participate in science events and activities
- foster partnerships between the community, research organisations and industry
- trial new and innovative science communication activities
- involve attendance or participation by the general public
- include eligible activities and eligible expenditure
Your project can include activities at multiple locations, as long as all locations are within Australia. School-based projects are not usually eligible. Please discuss your project with us before submitting an application for a school-based project.
Applications close at 5pm on 20th November 2018.
The next National Science Week will be held from 10 – 18 August 2019.
For more information or to lodge an application please go to business.gov.au