Media Release: $7 million boost for local Central West economies
An impressive number of projects from the Central West have been selected as funding recipients for the Federal Governments Building Better Regions Fund Round Two which has awarded more than $7 million in funding for local infrastructure and community projects.
Five projects in the towns of Blayney, Cowra, Parkes, Orange and Bathurst will be given the funding boost and when complete will total $14 million in economic and infrastructural improvement and development to the region.
- Blayney will receive $1.9 million for an upgrade to its CenterPoint Sports and Leisure Facility.
- $829,619 has been awarded to the Cowra Shire Council for a revamp and redevelopment of footpaths in its CDB and main street.
- Parkes’ Main Street Revitalisation and Cooke Park Multipurpose Centre will receive $4,234,992 for its works.
- Orange Central Business District Revitalisation Program has been awarded $100,000 to develop a strategy for improvements.
- Geomancia, a non-for-profit company and charity working in the field of geoscience and natural resource management will receive $19,829 for its – Creating Future-ready Businesses in Central Western NSW seminars.
“Congratulations to those Councils who were successful in their grant applications, especially those who didn’t give up after being unsuccessful in previous rounds,” said RDA Central West Executive Director, Julia Andrews.
$200 million will go towards a third round of BBRF which was announced in the 2018–19 Budget, extending the program by another year to 2021–22.
“We encourage our Central West councils and not-for-profit organisations to start thinking now about projects for the next round of Building Better Regions funding,” said Ms Andrews.
“Take a look at the list of successful projects from around Australia for inspiration, and please call us here at RDA Central West on 6369 1600 to talk through you project ideas. Project applications take time, requiring planning, budgeting, co-funding and letters of support.”
Contact: Julia Andrews, Executive Director, RDA Central West email@example.com ; 0448288698