Get SNAPPING! ‘Central West Is Best’ Photo Competition
Regional Development Australia Central West (RDA CW) has launched an exciting new photo competition. The aim is to showcase the region as an ideal place to live, work, visit and/or invest.
THEME: ‘Agriculture and Tourism: Let’s Showcase Our Region.’
The competition is an opportunity for the Central West community to highlight the region’s agriculture and tourism offerings which make the Central West so special. Demonstrate why you think the ‘Central West is Best’ through your own photographic interpretation of agriculture and tourism in our beautiful region. With springtime upon us, it’s the ideal time to focus that lens and get snapping!
Please read the below competition Terms & Conditions, in full, before submitting your images via email.
CATEGORIES & PRIZES:
- There are two sections for the competition: OPEN (over 18yo) and JUNIOR (under 18yo).
- There will be a First Prize and a Runner-Up in each category.
- First Prize in each category will be to the value of $300.
- Runner-Up in each category will be to the value of $200.
- There is a total prize pool of $1,000.
- Applications must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org either as an attachment or via DropBox. (Do not embed the image in the body of the email.)
- Photos need to be high resolution 300 dpi and in JPEG format.
- The body of the email must detail the entrant’s full name, age, street address, email address, contact numbers and business name (if applicable).
- List your social media handles such as Facebook and Instagram so we can tag you.
- In the body of the email also include: 1. the title of the image, 2. a short description of your image and 3. why you think the ‘Central West Is Best’.
- If entering the JUNIOR section, include the name of the school you attend and the name and contact details of your parent or guardian.
- Photos need to be received by RDA Central West’s office by 5pm on Monday 30 September 2019.
- Maximum of four entries per person.
- Follow and tag RDA Central West on Facebook and Instagram to see if your image is featured: Facebook: @RegionalDevelopmentAustraliaCentralWest and Instagram: @rdacentralwest
- Tag us in your social media posts. Hashtags: #centralwestisbestphotocomp and #rdacentralwest so we can share your images and handles.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- All copyright remains with the photographer/entrant.
- All entries may be used to promote RDA Central West.
- By entering the competition, entrants grant RDA Central West the permission to use images for not-for-profit purposes through their website, social media channels, and marketing material and for media publication where applicable.
- The entrants whose photo is judged by the RDA Central West judges (consisting of two RDA CW board members and one staff member) to be the photo that best represents the region, matches the theme and is considered the most original and creative will win the respective prizes in each category.
- The division of these prizes is at the discretion of RDA Central West.
- Winners will be announced in early October 2019 via email and via RDA CW’s social media channels.
- If the image is used for general RDA Central West media purposes, accompanying an RDA CW media story, credit for the image will be supplied but RDA Central West cannot guarantee the image credit will be published.
- Entrants are entitled to no compensation.
FOLLOW & TAG US to see if your ‘Central West Is Best’ Photo Comp entry is featured or if it’s WON!
Hashtags: #centralwestisbestphotocomp and #rdacentralwest
CONTACT RDA Central West’s offices with any queries: e. email@example.com or t. (02) 6369 1600.
DOWNLOAD competition flyer/poster here
READ the ‘Central West Is Best’ MEDIA RELEASE here