Regional Development Australia Central West (RDA Central West) received close to 400 entries in this year’s Central West is Best Photography Competition.
‘There’s no place like home’ was the theme for 2021, with applicants encouraged to capture the essence of their hometown.
RDA Central West Chair, Ruth Fagan, said the competition, now in its third year, continues to grow and celebrate the region.
“We had an overwhelming response to the competition this year, receiving a total of 392 entries across the Junior and Open categories,” said Mrs. Fagan.
“This year we wanted to focus on why the Central West is a great place to live – after all, it’s home to 180,000 people and is made up of some terrific towns and villages and beautiful landscapes.
“We would like to extend our thanks to everyone who entered the competition – the judges certainly had a tough decision but we are thrilled to announce this year’s prize winners.”
The 2021 Central West is Best Photography Competition winners are:
Junior (Under 18 years)
- Winner: ‘Rory in the hay’ taken by Amelia O’Reilly at Tullibigeal
- Runner-up: ‘Endless fence’ by Peta Allen at Forbes
- Special mention: ‘Sisters are the best’ taken by Ella Gibson at Baldry
Open (18 years and over)
- Winner: ‘Ancestors watching’ taken by Emilie Rogers at Forbes
- Runner-up: ‘Shining crown’ taken by Samantha Ellis at Capertee Valley
- Special mention: ‘Belubula River rapids’ taken by Warren Lloyd at Junction Reefs
A gallery featuring all of the entries from the 2021 competition can be viewed on the RDA Central West website at https://rdacentralwest.org.au/projects/central-west-is-best-gallery/
For more information, contact the RDA Central West office on (02) 6369 1600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org